Sweden - World's First Cashless Society?
Learning Intention: To compare and contrast information from an article and understand similarities and differences.
VOCABULARY: (4 new words and their meanings and a sentence)
- Abolish-Put an end to- It’s time to put an end to junk food.
- Shun- Keep away-Keep away from the dragon
- Sophisticated- Someone's ideas and thinking-I have my own sophisticated
- Reluctant-unwilling-I am Reluctant to steal cookies
- What is Sweden trying to do?
Sweden is trying to become the world's first cashless country
- List two places in Sweden where cash is no longer welcome.
The two places are Sweden and denmark
- What other countries are following Sweden's lead?
Australia's sydney and Israel
- What do you think it would be like if NZ was cashless?
It would be awesome because you can get free stuff and everything is free.
CRITICAL THINKING CHALLENGE:
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of living in a cashless society.
ADVANTAGES- Everything is free/you can get anything
DISADVANTAGES- everyone will not want to work because they won’t be payed